Sound Effects Library
The ‘Universal Emotes’ sound library is the largest collection of human voice reactions and emotions spanning across all ages and sexes.
This comprehensive bundle totalizes 2850 files / sounds, recorded by 20 actors through more than 40 various actions and emotions.
These sounds are meant to be as ubiquitous as possible, with no speech or actual wordings (only interjections and grunts).
Meticulous edit and embedded metadatas
Each of the 2850 files included are thoroughly edited, named and metatagged, making them easy to retrieve and ready to use!
The meticulous categorization of the emotions follows the work of the professor/psychologist Robert Plutchik on the theory of emotions and its famous wheel helping us to distinguish and classify the variety of human being emotions.
This library comes with 2 download choices included : the glued version (All variations of the same sound in 1 glued file), and the separated version (Each variations in separated files).
- 20 folders, one for each actor
- Women and men from 7 to 77 years old: children, teen, adult, elderly
- Various grunts and efforts sounds: fight, strike, attack, ninja, hurt, pain, jump, lift, push, pull, choke, fall, die, …
- +20 different emotions/reactions well-categorized : fear, happiness, anger, trust, agreement/disagreement, surprise, joy, disgust, sadness, admiration…
- Miscellaneous actions: sneeze, gargle, eat, shiver, sip, cough, smack, slurp, hail,…
- Thorough metadatas: precise description with each sound onomatopoeia (written pronunciation)
- Bitdepth: 24 Bits
Samplerate: 96 KhzAll files are in lossless high definition: wave files in a resolution of 24 bits and 96000 KHz.
- Detailed metadata embedded:
Soundminer / iXML / XMP / id3Well-grounded metadata are included with every files easy to import in any sound asset management app (see the file list)
- Descriptive file namesWe take great care in categorizing and giving expressive names on each of our files which makes them easy to select even without metadata.
- +2840 SoundsEach sound is well isolated so it is easier to integrate in any project
- Instant download worldwide (S3)We store our files on Amazon S3, and thus make it easy and fast to download. After your purchase, you’ll get a strong and fast download link(s) to your product(s).
- Royalty-Free LicenceYou get a lifetime non-exclusive royalty-free grant for the use of these samples inside your projects (see the licence for details)
- Gear used:Sanken Co-100k, Neumann TLM170R, Sennheiser MKH8090, Sound Devices 788TThe extended range of the Sanken co-1000k captures up to 100KHz thus allowing for extreme pitch-shifting.
- Lifetime free updates and extensionsYou get unlimited free access to future updates and extensions on this product (see our product versions chart)
Total Size Unpacked After checkout, you download only what you need! Since the library comes in separate zip files for each version, you can choose to download the glued or the separated version, or both.