Sound Effects Library
We ‘domesticated’ planet earth and shaped it to our ideal human imaginary needs. Before that, the world belonged to nobody, wilderness was the norm! Powerful, wild and sometimes weird animals ruled the world.
Despite the current accelerating extinction of biodiversity, wildlife still exists in small pockets, and many animals are still alive and have a voice!
Naturally wild animals became the backbone of our project, but also wild sounds of animals in general. We thus literally went hunting for sounds. Though this kind of hunt gratefully does not harm Nature or animals.
With this library, we really went above and beyond. We explored all 4 corners of the world in places we wouldn’t have expected. Similar to wildlife photography, we sharpened our tools and methods to get the correct zoom with the right focus on the sounds of these animals. Along the way, we got some mishaps and misadventures which are part of the process. We thankfully are still alive; hence we can now today offer you the fruit of our quest.
Born Wild is now becoming the pinnacle of our Articulated sound journey, and we are proud to present it to you. We believe this library will give instant gratification as the content is so unique, rich, and meticulously curated.
We also hope that this library can sensitize and leverage efforts in protecting the planet where we all come from. This is why we are giving 3% of all sale revenue to ONG caring about wilderness and conservation.
Let’s keep our wild instinct alive!
What is ‘Born Wild’?
BORN WILD is a massive collection of wild animals sounds and wild sounds of animals, highly focused, from a large panel of species, recorded thoroughly through 40 various National Parks, reserves, wildlife centers, and sanctuaries in all continents.
- A total of +2000 sounds of wild animals (1552 separate files, 357 glued files) recorded in +40 various National parks, reserves, wildlife center and sanctuaries.
- 211 sounds of adult lions in the wild & in sanctuaries. Included very close-up sounds of “in your face” growls and roars recorded up to 384 KHz, delivered in 192KHz.
- 338 sounds of elephants from Africa and Asia; Difficult to capture sounds of the pachyderm in the wild and in reserve. Comprising a variety of vocalizations, roars, rumbles, trumpets, and unusual sounds.
- 130 Extensive and focused sounds of the dangerous hippopotamus, the most deadly animal on earth (for humans).
- 175 sounds of lion’s cub with very interesting curious tonalities, guttural, playful, and throaty sounds of baby and teenage lions.
- Many bird sounds, cleaned and focused, including birds of prey, owls, exotic bird calls, and screeching sounds of flamingos, macaws, and geese. A big amount of very distinctive and peculiar sounds of African Penguins.
- A wide variety of expressive monkeys: baboons, chimps, capuchins, gibbons, lemurs, ….
- An interesting collection of exclusive ‘human monsters’ vocalizations is included, with screams, roars, and very wild human sounds!
- Various wild cats, other than lions including: leopard, jaguar, lynx, cheetah, serval, tiger, puma, tiger’s cub.
- A neat set of 45 seal’s sounds
- Other animals included: hyenas, donkeys, horses, snakes, wolves, wildebeest, bear, small rodents, bats, camel, buffalo, rhino, impala ….
What is this library for?
This library has been conceived specifically for the design of creatures/beast sounds for movies and video games. It, therefore, makes a useful tool for sound designers and sound editors. But it is not limited to this use and can be incorporated into the creative process of many kinds of projects.
*!Warning* What it is NOT:
– These sounds are NOT for your grandma to fall asleep. These are detailed close-cut sounds ready to be inserted into your timeline’s project. These are not ambiences for mediation or recreation purposes. Even though a few of these sounds are longer and can sound-alike some kind of ambience, particularly the loon sound in the Canadian wilderness.
– This library is NOT for biologists. These sounds are not scientifically collected or identified. Though, we tried our best to describe and metatag the sounds towards an artistic/creative approach, rather than scientific research.
– This library is NOT a piece of Art to be put in a dusty corner of a museum. it is rather meant to be used and abused.
– These are NOT imaginary designed content. These sounds are real, recorded directly in the field with real animals, and delivered as raw as possible. Exception for 1 sound Only in the entire library: it is the sound of rattlesnake which has been created in the studio from scratch.
– These sounds were NOT recorded in a studio. They are wild sounds mostly recorded in uncontrollable environments within rich biodiversity Nature. Thus, even though we spent months cleaning the sounds as much as possible, there can be some slight noises popping up from insects or birds. Be reassured, most of the sounds are very clean and isolated thoroughly and still sounds natural. In addition for few sounds we decided to keep all the buzzing activities around when we found it would be of great value to keep all the magic of the place and the moment.
Glued version: or Separated:
- Bitdepth: 24 Bits
Samplerate: 96 KHz/192 KHzAll files are in lossless high definition: wave files in a resolution of 24 bits and 96000 KHz.
- Detailed metadata embedded:
Soundminer / BWAV / UCS CompliantWell-grounded metadata are included with every files easy to import in any sound asset management app (see the file list next to the buying options)
- 1552 Files(Separated) / 357 Files(Glued)Each sound is well isolated so it is easier to integrate in any project
- Descriptive file namesWe take great care in categorizing and giving expressive names on each of our files which makes them easy to select even without metadata.
- Instant download worldwideWe store our files on Secured Robust server, and thus make it easy and fast to download. After your purchase, you’ll get a strong and fast download link(s) to your product(s).
- Royalty-Free LicenceYou get a lifetime non-exclusive royalty-free grant for the use of these samples inside your projects (see the licence for details)
- Gear used:Sennheiser MKH8060, MKH8090, MKH418, Sounddevices MixPre6, Sony A10, Sanken co-100k, Cinela, Rycote, Ambient Emesser ATE308, Bat Recorder Pettersson, Clippy em272, Lom Mikrousi, Neumann TLM, Rode NT5, Beyerdynamics headphones